Saturday, January 10, 2009

update.

it's time for an update. this one might be short, but i hope to update more faithfully over the next several months so that this blog will actually prove to be functional rather than just something that exists.

some of the exciting happenings in my life over the last 6 months:
-survived (and enjoyed) an intense summer session of graduate school
-survived (and semi-enjoyed) an intense fall semester of graduate school
-learned that i love social work more than i could possibly imagine
-learning to be content with my relationship status
-learning to live with big questions
-learning to live with peace that passes all understanding
-learning to trust HIM in everything
-had my last "first day" of school
-moved to dallas and started my internship
-made amazing new friends in my graduate program
-celebrated the holidays with those that mean the most to me:my family!
-started 2009 in the middle of a cow pasture sitting on a four wheeler playing "gestapo" with my favorite teenagers while contemplating all of the exciting changes that are going to happen in the coming months

life is good right now. i can't imagine being anywhere else doing anything else. these are exciting times. i can't wait to see where God takes me.

1 comment:

Leslie, MSW, MDiv said...

YAY for you! I love the face that you are willing to live with the big questions with no answers. I think I can honestly say that once you accept that, you can accept whatever comes your way!